Club History

Club History

The Danville Conservation Club became a not-for-profit corporation on October 29, 1946. The DCC was founded with the express purpose of promoting conservation education, firearms safety and hunter education as well as promoting the protection of fish and game. With the passage of time, the DCC has evolved and in recent years has concentrated its efforts towards promoting the responsible use of firearms through hunter safety and firearms education and affiliation with national organizations with similar goals. The club is affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Members are able to use club membership to meet Proof of Membership requirements to purchase firearms and ammunition through the CMP and to participate in shooting programs. The DCC also promotes its agenda by being affiliated with the NRA through programs such as the Friends of the NRA and by conducting NRA sanctioned small bore silhouette matches.