News and Announcements
Danville Conservation Club
2020 Conservation Essay Contest
The Danville Conservation Club is conducting an essay contest by which two (2) winners (1boy/1girl) will be selected to receive a scholarship that will allow them to attend for free the Karl E. Kelley Memorial Youth Camp this summer.
The 7day/6night camp will be June 21st through June 27th and will be held at Ross Camp in West Lafayette, Indiana (9225 W. 75 S. West Lafayette, In 47906).
For additional information about the camp that is conducted by the Indiana Conservation Officers Organization you may Google “Karl E. Kelley Memorial Youth Camp” or utilize this web address www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/5812.htm . We strongly encourage all parents to preview the camp outline and information.
Karl E. Kelley Memorial Youth Camp Mission Statement: To provide a summer camp
program that will educate youth about conservation of our natural resources by:
- Offering certification in the outdoor education programs of the DNR Law
- Introducing campers to outdoor life sports which will teach appreciation for
natural resources and cultivate respect for the Indiana Conservation officers that
protect those resources.
Listed below are the requirements for the essay contest:
- All current 5th and 6th grade students in Hendricks County are eligible
- The essay needs to be titled “What Conservation Means to Me”
- The essay needs to be between 250 and 500 words
- The essay needs to be submitted on or before March 13th
- You must include your name as well as your parent/guardian’s name and contact information
- The top three (3) entries in each division (boy/girl) will be selected for an interview with Danville Conservation Club administrators, with the ultimate winners being selected by April 1st.
- Please submit your essay one of two ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can direct mail it to:
- Danville Conservation Club
- Essay Contest
- 855 Sycamore Lane
- Danville, IN 46122