Summer Match Series
The DCC would like to announce our new 22LR offering, the DCC SUMMER MATCH SERIES. Starting June 20 and running through October the Summer Match Series will hold a Saturday match each month. The match format changes each month so you won’t be shooting the same match twice. The Club will post a description of each match a month ahead so those who wish to practice can.
Two things make these matches unique. First, these will primarily be steel matches. You get to shoot on steel plates. Second, we have been very careful to design each match so practically anyone can compete. You don’t need a specialized target rifle or match ammo to compete. If you know where your rifle shoots at different ranges your stock 22 with decent bulk ammo will be competitive. We have divided the firearms up into specific Divisions so you are only competing against other competitors with similar equipment. We select targets sized so that if you don’t own a rifle with a scope you can still come compete with your iron sights.
AMMUNITION: 22 Short, long, or long rifle. Ammunition velocity cannot exceed 1300 fps. No ammunition
with a published velocity of more than 1300 fps allowed.
- SPORTER- Rifles weighing 7.5lbs or less. Trigger pull minimum 3 pounds. Iron sights, Red Dots or Scopes. Scope magnification limited to 9X.
- TAC- AR15 22LR Clones or similar rifles. Iron sights, Red Dots, or Scopes. Scope Magnification limited to 9X.
- OPEN- Any rifle that doesn’t meet the requirements of Sporter or TAC Division. No limit on rifle weight or Scope magnification.
Iron sight and red dot sights will be put in same category. The 100 yard stage of the match you are allowed to use a bipod or front bag for support. No rear bags allowed.
ADDED FOR JULY MATCH:
1. JUNIOR AND NEW SHOOTERS: All Juniors (17 or under) are allowed to shoot this match off the bench with a bipod or front bag for support. They will compete for prizes in the Junior Division. Club has ammo and rifles for Juniors to use. Also all Juniors shoot for FREE.
New Adult shooters may also shoot this match off of the Bench with Bipod or front bag for support. Those doing so will not be eligible for Division awards but can have the fun of ringing the steel. Club has ammo and rifles for you to use.
So what this means is if you have a kid at home that wants to shoot bring them. If you have a spouse or somebody else at home that would like to give it a try bring them.
2. Starting in July you can shoot 2 rifles in the same division. So if you want to shoot Sporter Division with a scope and Sporter Division with Iron sights then you are allowed to do so. Same with TAC and Open Division.
THERE WILL BE FOUR COURSES OF FIRE.
BENCH 1: DUCKS ON THE POND- SHOT AT 50 YARDS STANDING.
BENCH 2: THE OUTBACK- SHOT AT 15, 85, AND 100 YARDS SITTING AT BENCH USING BIPOD OR FRONT BAG
BENCH 3: GROUND HOG HUNT- SHOT AT 65 YARDS SITTING WITH FRONT SUPPORT
BENCH 4: YARD BUNNIES- SHOT AT 25 AND 50 YARDS WITH FRONT SUPPORT.
Questions: Email email@example.com